Monday, May 10, 2010

Last, but not least, THING 13

What were your favorite discoveries or tools during this Web 2.0 journey? A few of my favorites are wikis, blogging, learning all that Google has to offer (wow!), and educational web tools 2.0
How has this program assisted or affected your life-long learning goals? I have always loved technology, and this program afforded me the opportunity to somewhat keep up - I used to feel I was right there with new things, but in the last few years, technology has grown at lightening speed and I wasn't keeping up, in fact, I was getting left behind.
Were there any outcomes of the experience that surprised you? I was and still am suprised at how many things (for lack of a better word) are out there to help, teach, show, inspire, etc. Todays students have no idea what it was like not too many years ago when even just owning a computer was a big deal.
What could be done differently to improve upon this
program's format or concept? More time to work together, perhaps in the lab, sharing and working through some of these steps, would have a bonus. We had mentioned that early on, but finding time is difficult.
If another Web 2.0 program was offered in the future, would you encourage your colleagues to participate? What would you tell them? Absolutely! It is a great way to "try" some new things and chances are a few will "fit" and enhance your teaching or life!
If you were asked to describe this experience in one sentence, what would you say? It was a fun and great way to check out some of what is out there!! And most of all, how lucky are we to have such a great librarian in Rachel to set this up and facilitate it?? Thanks so much!!

2 comments: